It's not initiation any longer, is it?

Discuss anything here. The coffee's always hot!
krnl
Site Admin
Date you made Chief: 14Sep2001
Rate/Rank/Warfare Desig: FCC(SW)(RE-R1)
First Name: Rick
Duty Station: ATRC Dahlgren, VA
Duty Status: Honorably Discharged

It's not initiation any longer, is it?

Post by krnl »

The season is quickly approaching, and the Politically Correct crowd has pushed us even deeper into the annals of Naval History. What can we do to keep ourselves relevant in today's Navy with E-1's running around in khaki uniforms and a MCPON that is hell-bent on completely destroying the heritage of the initiation process?

I'd like to hear your thoughts.
:pirate: Go Navy! :pirate:

Rick Sandlin (Formerly FCC(SW))
Cinbar74
Date you made Chief: 16SEP1992
Rate/Rank/Warfare Desig: HMC-Ret
First Name: Cindy
Duty Station: HSETC, Bethesda, Md
Duty Status: Retired

Re: It's not initiation any longer, is it?

Post by Cinbar74 »

I should say it amazes me that the MCPON is pontificating that initiation must go but in this day & age it doesn't surprise me at all. My nephew has been to boot camp and is now at a training command. He hasn't seen anything but GLAKES & his current command that decided they liked him so well that he has been placed on the instructor staff with NO experience except via training; and oh yeah got mega dollars to star re-enlist plus is now a 2nd class. I strongly believe the Navy has changed for the worse; didn't think it could get much worse than Zumwalt's navy! Khakis are to be earned not issued! True Chiefs need to be initiated; my initiation was the proudest moment of my career! Too bad the future E7s won't be able to say that! Maybe they'll change the Navy song from Anchors Away to Rubby Ducky!
jimmyt5
Date you made Chief: 15jul1966
Rate/Rank/Warfare Desig: OSCM
First Name: James
Duty Station: Navy Astronautics Gr
Duty Status: Retired

Re: It's not initiation any longer, is it?

Post by jimmyt5 »

Our history has or is going down the tubes, I guess that Shellbacks just watch a Rock Hudson movie when they cross the line... :pirate: